2025-04-27 IDOPRESS

The retailer has not disclosed the nature of the cyber incident (Picture: Getty Images Europe)
Marks and Spencer paused all online and app orders,days after a cyber incident paralysed its contactless payment system.
M&S was rocked over Easter by technical issues that meant shoppers could not tap their cards to pay or click and collect.
The supermarket chain confirmed Tuesday the hiccups were down to a ‘cyber incident’,with no reports of customer data being compromised.
While systems were briefly back online,payment systems were unplugged once again as part of its ‘proactive management of the incident’.
In the days since,shares of the FTSE 100 retailer have tumbled to 377p from 411p last week.
M&S said today that it has now paused taking orders via its UK & Ireland websites and apps and some M&S International-operated websites.

The retailer said shoppers can still browse online (Picture: M&S)
‘The M&S product range is available to browse online,and our stores remain open and ready to welcome and serve customers,’ it said in a statement released this afternoon.
‘We continue to manage the incident proactively and the M&S team – supported by leading experts – is working extremely hard to restore online operations and continue to serve customers well.
‘We previously informed customers that there was no need to take any action. That remains the case,and we will let them know,if the situation changes.
ZTE corp Unveils Embodied Intelligence Breakthrough at MWC 2026, Advancing Human-Agent Synergy
China is the real winner after Trump and Putin’s back-to-back visits
Maldives diving instructor ‘intentionally swam away’ from cave where six died
Boyfriend of Maldives diver was ‘waiting for photos of cave’ when she died
Irish president’s sister detained by Israel on boat in international waters
Farmer finds amphibian in bag of salad then gives it a Crazy Frog send-off
©copyright2009-2020Fresh life